Year End Business Priorities
With the close of the calendar year fast approaching, it is a good time to address year end issues and plan for 2019. The following is a streamlined year end checklist:
- Confirm compliance with the Affordable Care Act. Despite mixed signals from Washington, companies need to make the required filings to remain in good standing.
- Review you cybersecurity policies. Technology is advancing at an exponential rate and cyber threats to your business are ever present.
- Update your policies and procedures to align with recent changes in Massachusetts law including the paid family and medical wage replacement program, revisions to the state’s fair chance rules which apply to prospective employees with criminal records, the Equal Pay Act and the restrictions on the use of non-competition provisions.
- Ensure that your corporate filings are up to date so that your company remains in good standing in the jurisdictions in which it does business.
- Review key contracts to make sure that aware of any upcoming expirations or renewal requirements.
- Meet with your accountant and financial advisor to planning for your 2018 tax filings and develop a budget for 2019.
Our firm has streamlined systems in place to assist with all of these corporate end-of-year considerations, and more. Please feel free to reach out to our Corporate Department with any questions or concerns and our dedicated lawyers will be happy to help.
Best wishes as we head into 2019!