Pabian & Russell advises a variety of established and emerging growth companies on the development, management, protection, and enforcement of patents. Our patent services include:
- Drafting and filing both U.S. and international patent applications
- Patent prosecution
- Comprehensive patent strategies
- Monitoring and maintaining granted patents
- Advising clients on patent law and leveraging patents for strategic advantage
- Developing and managing patent portfolios
- Due diligence
What is a Patent?
A patent is an approved document that provides a set of exclusive rights that are granted to an inventor or their assignee for a limited period of time for a product or process that provides a new way of doing something or offers a new technical solution to a problem. A well-drafted patent can prove to be an extremely valuable business asset, and can provide a significant competitive advantage to companies looking to gain and protect market share, encourage investors and enhance strategic partnership opportunities. Patents prohibit others from making, using, distributing or selling the patented material without the patent owner’s consent.